Who We Are
Mary Aikenhead Ministries has two distinct arms, Mary Aikenhead Education Australia and St Vincent’s Health Australia.
Mary Aikenhead Education Australia
Mary Aikenhead Education Australia (MAEA) encompasses the four schools for which the Trustees are responsible:
Catholic Ladies’ College – Eltham in Melbourne
Mt St Michael’s College – Ashgrove in Brisbane
St Columba’s College – Essendon in Melbourne
St Vincent’s College – Potts Point in Sydney
Additionally, MAEA has some associations with former Sisters of Charity schools which are now part of other Catholic school systems. Since the formation of Mary Aikenhead Ministries MAEA’s developing focus has been to broaden and deepen the education ministry through collaboration between the Colleges and with other education partners.
The MAEA governing body is Mary Aikenhead Education (MAE) Ltd, with the Trustees of Mary Aikenhead Ministries also the Directors of MAE Ltd. The work of MAEA is supported by an advisory body to the Trustees, the Mary Aikenhead Education Australia Advisory Committee.
Mary Aikenhead Education Australia is located at the Marist Centre, 1 Dawson Street, Brunswick, VIC 3056.
T: 03 9380 4906
F: 03 9387 9967
St Vincent’s Health Australia
St Vincent’s Health Australia (SVHA) oversees the health and aged care, research, prison ministry and social services of Mary Aikenhead Ministries. In 2015 SVHA has 28 facilities comprising:
four public hospitals
• St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
• St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney
• Sacred Heart Health Service
• St Joseph’s Hospital, Auburn in Sydney
six private hospitals, with new hospitals in development in Griffiths in rural New South Wales and Werribee in Melbourne:
• Holy Spirit Northside Private Hospital, in partnership with the Holy Spirit Missionary Sisters
• Mater Hospital, North Sydney
• St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Brisbane
• St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Melbourne – East Melbourne, Fitzroy and Kew
• St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Sydney
• St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Toowoomba
15 aged care facilities, with substantial growth planned under the current strategic plan:
New South Wales
• St Joseph’s Village, Auburn
• Lilian Cooper, Kangaroo Point
• Madonna Villa, Mitchelton
• Magdalene Court, Bardon
• Marycrest, Kangaroo Point
• Oxford Park Retirement Community, Mitchelton
• St John the Baptist Retirement Community, Enoggera
• St Joseph’s Villa, Mitchelton
• St Paul’s Villa, Bardon
• St Patrick’s Villa, Gympie
• Villa La Salle, Southport
• Auburn House, Hawthorn East
• Cambridge House, Collingwood
• Prague House, Kew
• Riverside House, Richmond
three co-located research institutes:
• Garvan Institute of Medical Research
• St Vincent’s Institute of Medical Research, incorporating the O’Brien Institute
• Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute
The SVHA governing body is the St Vincent’s Health Australia Board, whose work is informed by local community advisory committees.
St Vincent’s Health Australia’s head office is located on Level 22, 100 William Street, East Sydney, NSW 2010.
T: 02 9367 1100
F: 02 9367 1199
Board Director Appointments
In their governance role, the Trustees of Mary Aikenhead Ministries appoint the Board Directors of the Colleges, SVHA, St Vincent’s Institute of Medical Research, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute and some other entities within SVHA.