Mary Aikenhead Ministries has its own crest and signature as it is a separate organisation from the Congregation. The new crest and signature were designed to link the history of the Sisters with the future of the Ministries.
The Congregation decided to establish Mary Aikenhead Ministries partially as a result of the changing realities for the Congregation and partially in response to the demands and increasing complexity within the ministry works. Above all is the desire to ensure that the works of the Sisters continue, grow and flourish in the future through the enhancement of lay leadership.
Yes, any facility wishing to use the crest is required to obtain written permission from Mary Aikenhead Ministries. Read more about this in the Visual Identity Guidelines.
Yes, a Protocols document has been prepared for all Mary Aikenhead Ministries facilities. To request a copy please contact our office.
The official commencement date was July 1st, 2009. Ritual handovers then took place in Brisbane on July 21st, Sydney and Melbourne on July 22nd. These dates were chosen to commemorate the 151st anniversary of the death of Mary Aikenhead.
A Public Juridic Person (PJP) is an aggregate of persons or things with a purpose befitting the Church’s mission. As a Church body established to perform specific tasks entrusted to it in view of the common good, and to perform these tasks on behalf of the Church. The Congregation and Mary Aikenhead Ministries are both PJPs. The task of Mary Aikenhead Ministries is to ensure the ministries continue to flourish into the future and in the name of the Church.
The Trustees are the Canon Law and civil stewards of the Ministries. As such, the Ministries report to, and are accountable to the Trustees. Read more about the Trustees.
On a day-to-day basis not a lot is different. Essentially it is a different reporting structure, a different Church entity to which the facilities report. There will be annual general meetings, visits to facilities, ceremonies that are attended, but these functions will be done by the Trustees of Mary Aikenhead Ministries. The Trustees’ reporting mechanism will be different as they are required to report to Rome on an annual basis, whereas previously the Congregation reported to Rome every six years, at the time of Chapter. It is really governance that is different.
Yes. On 20 June 2020 Mary Aikenhead Ministries (MAM) was declared as a participating group in the National Redress Scheme.
- Trustees of Mary Aikenhead Ministries, ABN 39 050 685 971
- Mary Aikenhead Ministries, ABN 52 873 017 599
- Mary Aikenhead Education Limited ABN 60 137 501 510
- Catholic Ladies’ College Limited as in existence from 1 July 2009, ABN 44 058 164 891
- Mt St Michael’s College Limited as in existence from 1 July 2009, ABN 90 058 186 520
- St Columba’s College Limited as in existence from 1 July 2009, ABN 42 058 164 882
- St Vincent’s College Limited as in existence from 1 July 2009, ABN 97 058 777 932
- St Vincent’s Health Australia Limited as in existence from 1 July 2009, ABN 75 073 503 536
- St Vincent’s Healthcare Limited as in existence from 1 July 2009, ABN 46 095 382 791
- Vincent’s Hospital Sydney Limited as in existence from 1 July 2009, including as known by its business names, ABN 77 054 038 872
- St Vincent’s Private Hospitals Ltd as in existence from 1 July 2009, including as known by its business names, ABN 61 083 645 505
- Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne) Limited as in existence from 1 July 2009, including as known by its business names, ABN 22 052 110 755
- St Vincent’s Private Hospital Northside Ltd, also known as ‘The Holy Spirit Northside Private Hospital Limited’, as in existence from 1 July 2009, ABN 41 082 189 035
- St Vincent’s & Mater Health Sydney Limited, also known as ‘The Mater Hospital’, as in existence from 1 July 2009, ABN 36 054 594 375
- St Vincent’s Clinic as in existence from 1 July 2009, ABN 95 003 635 498
You can also search the Scheme’s database of participating institutions at: https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions
The National Redress Scheme for Institutional Child Sexual Abuse Declaration 2018 can be found at: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Series/F2018N00072