The Trustees of Mary Aikenhead Ministries are pleased to announce and formally welcome Mr Richard Haddock AO who will become a Trustee of Mary Aikenhead Ministries, effective 1 December 2019. Richard will then take on the role of Chair, effective 1 January 2020 following the conclusion of Dr Tessa Ho’s term as Chair. Richard has had a longstanding relationship with both the Church in Australia and with the Sisters of Charity. He brings both faith and considerable gifts to the service of Mary Aikenhead Ministries. Married to Katy, Richard has two married adult children and five grandchildren.
Richard is currently Chair of:
- St Vincent’s Curran Foundation
- Catholic Care Sydney
- Sisters of Charity Foundation
- Investment Committee of the Archdiocese of Sydney
- Parish Finance Committee
Richard is a director of:
- Catholic Church Insurances
- University of Notre Dame Australia
- Aid to the Church in Need
He is a member of Executive Committee of the SE Region of the Knights of Malta.
His previous positions have included:
- Finance Committee of the Archdiocese of Sydney (member)
- Australian Catholic Superannuation and Retirement Fund (Chair)
- National Treasurer of Caritas
- Director of several public companies, both listed and unlisted
- Senior Executive of the BNP Paribas Group
- Solicitor Dawson Waldron
Having spent his executive career in law and finance, he transitioned to non-executive roles in both the commercial and not-for-profit sectors.
The Trustees wish Richard the very best as he commences in his new position at Mary Aikenhead Ministries.